Welcome Message from Mrs. Socha
Mechanicsburg Middle School
School Counseling Department
Kristie J. Socha, M.Ed.
6th grade School Counselor-Class of 2027
My name is Mrs.Kristie Socha and this will be my twelth year serving as a School Counseling at M.M.S. I live in Hummelstown, PA with my husband and our daughter, Amelia. I earned my Bachelor’s degree in Rehabilitation Services, College of Education from The Pennsylvania State University and obtained my Master’s degree in Secondary School Counseling from Shippensburg University. I have been a professional school counselor for fifteen years.
It is an honor to be your child’s school counselor-and I will do my best to support your child’s academic, social, and emotional development during their years at M.M.S.Throughout the next three years, I will provide assistance to your child through utilizing the following interventions:
- Counseling-Individual or in a group setting
- Curriculum-assisting classroom teachers and school programs that address your child’s developmental needs
- Collaboration-assisting you as parents/guardians in obtaining needed services for your child
- Consultation-working (with you) as a team in order to plan and implement strategies to help your children be successful academically
Some of the supports that the School Counseling Department has in place for you are:
- Emails and phone contacts
- Conferences, as needed
- Community events/supports posted on webpage
- Collaboration with Mechanicsburg Rec Department activites and Operation Wildcat Programs
How can you reach me?
I available from 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM. If you would like to set up an appointment to meet with me, feel free to contact me by phone or email. My phone number is 717- 691-2457. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
I can also be reached by contacting the Counseling Department secretary, Beth Morrow, at 717-691-2455.
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, will forget what you do, but people will never forget how you made them feel."