Welcome to the Explorers Team
Please view our team webpage for the most up to date information:
Our Team Mission Statement:
Sixth grade is a time of great transition for students: a new building, new classmates, new routines and higher expectations. The Explorers believe every child has the ability to succeed, and we value the opportunity to partner with students as they work to achieve their very best both socially and academically.
As a team of collaborative teachers we promise to:
- reflect and refine our instruction to include new strategies and best practices,
- seek creative ways to manage the classroom and promote a positive classroom environment,
- regularly assess student progress in order to meet the district's academic goals, and
- build positive relationships with students by responding to the unique needs of middle-level learners
Follow us on Twitter! @6thExplorers
The agenda book is the most accurate location for determining nightly homework.
Please note that some assemblies, movies, and pep rallies are rewards for the students at Mechanicsburg Middle School. Explorer teachers may have students not attend these events if they owe missing work or their behavior doesn't warrant a reward. This would be on an individual student by student basis.
Procedures for Successful 6th Graders:
Behavior: 3 MMS rules will be consistently enforced across the 6th grade
- Do Your Best
- Do The Right Thing
- Treat Others Well
Students who choose not to follow these rules will be warned twice. The next infraction will result in a consequence either from the team or administration. Students will be instructed in the behavioral expectations during the first cycle of the school year. This will include instruction on appropriate behavior; in the classroom, hallways, dismissal from class, and restroom usage.
AM Homeroom is not a time to complete homework. Work should be near, complete with quality and directions should be followed. This includes correct writing mechanics, correct grammar, and spelling is expected across the curriculum.
- Students may be asked to redo assignments that are not done to MMS standards.
- All work should be turned in on time.
- Neatness is an expectation.
School policy applies for those students who have been absent. All families must honor the school policy regarding educational trips.
Explorers Team Links